We know that not all patients are able to attend the surgery during normal working hours, so provision has been made for evening and weekend appointments to be available for patients under an extended GP access service. These are for non-urgent and routine appointments only.
This service is run by Cambridgeshire GP Network and covers a number of local hubs. The medical appointments are staffed by GPs and other healthcare staff from across the local area, so your appointment may not be with a clinician from this practice.
You can book an appointment through our Patient Services Team, who will be able to give you a date, time and venue. To use the service we will ask for your consent to share your medical record.
The extended access service is available on Monday and Thursday evenings from 6.30pm-10.00pm and on Saturday mornings from 8.30am-2.00pm.
Services we can offer within the extended access are:
- GP consultations
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner consultations
- nurse appointments offering dressings, asthma and diabetes reviews, contraception reviews, etc.
- Health Care Assistant appointments offering ear irrigation, wound care, blood tests, etc.
- phlebotomy: routine blood tests
- cervical screening.
Patients who cannot be seen:
- patients identified with a potentially life-threatening medical condition which requires referral to urgent or emergency care settings
- walk-in patients.
How do I change or cancel my appointment?
To change or cancel your evening or weekend appointment, please call 0330 0130 030.
If you have any questions about the service, please email.
Find out more about appointments at St Mary’s Surgery.