The Department of Health has published details of who is eligible for COVID boosters and FREE flu vaccinations this autumn. The list has been extended to help better protect people who may become seriously ill with respiratory viruses this winter.
Those eligible are:
- Residents and staff in care homes for older adults
- Frontline health and social care workers
- All adults aged 50 and over
- Those aged 5 to 49 in clinical at-risk groups, including pregnant women
- Those aged 5 to 49 who are household contacts of immunosuppressed people
- Carers aged 16-49.
In addition to the above groups, FREE flu jabs will also be offered to primary school children and pupils in years 7, 8 and 9.
Full details of how the autumn campaign will roll out locally are still being finalised and St Mary’s Surgery will publish them when they are ready. However, we expect the vaccination and booster roll out to run over several months later this autumn and into winter.
Please DO NOT contact the surgery about COVID boosters and flu jabs. If you are eligible, we will contact you when it is your turn.