It is important that we know if you are a carer so that we can make sure you receive information, services and the help that is available. Please contact our Patient Services Team to find out how the surgery can support you in your carer role.
Find out more about further help and support available to you if you are a carer.
Please note – COVID vaccines and carers:
The current government regulations regarding carers receiving the COVID vaccination defines carers as ‘those who are eligible for carer’s allowance, or those who are the sole or primary carer of an elderly or disabled person who is at increased risk of COVID mortality and therefore clinically vulnerable’.
To ensure your records are coded as a ‘carer’ we need the following information:
- Are you a paid carer and if so who employs you?
- Do you receive the carer’s allowance?
- Who do you care for?
- Are you the sole or primary carer of an elderly or disabled person?
- Are they registered at the surgery and have they given you permission to contact us on their behalf?
- If you became unwell would the person you care for need outside support?
If you do not fit these criteria then we are unable to code you as a carer on our medical records system.