Here is the latest COVID vaccination update for Ely Primary Care Networks (PCNs):
17,000 vaccines have been given – from 15 Dec-21 Feb
- Priority group 1 (care homes): 100% of all our consenting care home residents have been vaccinated.
- Priority group 2 (over 80s): all invited, and approx. 96% vaccinated.
- Priority group 3 (over 75s): all invited, approx 96% vaccinated.
- Priority group 4 (over 70 and clinical extremely vulnerable): all invited, approx 68% vaccinated. This figure reflects the recent expansion of this cohort with the updating of the government’s shielding list.
- Priority group 5 (over 65s): 79% vaccinated. Patient invitations being from the mass vaccination sites (eg Newmarket Racecourse or the Grafton Centre in Cambridge).
- Priority group 6 (ages 16-64 with underlying conditions): 18% vaccinated. Patient invitations being sent out in batches.
If you are a patient in groups 1-4 and you have not yet managed to make an appointment for your vaccination, please contact the surgery.
Patients from priority groups 5 and 6 should wait to hear from us. You will be contacted either via SMS text or by phone call. Group 6 is especially large, so we are sending invites out in phases.
We continue to vaccinate as quickly as we can based on the vaccine deliveries we are allocated. Over the next two week’s we will deliver over 7,000 vaccinations including starting to give second doses.
Ely PCN consists of the following GP practices: St George’s Medical Centre, Burwell Surgery, Cathedral Medical Centre, St Mary’s Surgery, Staploe Medical Centre and Haddenham Surgery.