News about changes to GP services and more appointments on offer to patients and an invitation to let us know what you think.
Ely Primary Care Network (PCN) is a group of six GP practices in East Cambridgeshire. Together we look after 77,500 patients. The six practices are:
- Burwell Surgery (Burwell)
- Haddenham Surgery (Haddenham)
- Staploe Medical Centre (Soham)
- Cathedral Medical Centre (Ely)
- St George’s Medical Centre (Littleport)
- St Mary’s Surgery (Ely).
The NHS has asked all Primary Care Networks across England to offer patients additional opening hours. This is a national programme called Enhanced Access and it starts on 1 October 2022.
We want to give all our patients the very best GP services we can, and we believe offering these additional hours ourselves – using the doctors and nurses you already know from your local surgeries – is the best way to do this.
So, from Saturday 1 October 2022, the six practices of Ely PCN will work together to – between them – offer 70 more hours of appointments each week, over and above the usual surgery opening hours.
These additional appointments will be available to all patients registered at any of our six surgeries.
The additional appointments will be during the following times:
- Monday – between 6:30pm and 8pm
- Tuesday – between 6:30pm and 8pm
- Wednesday – between 6:30pm and 8pm
- Thursday – between 6:30pm and 8pm
- Friday – between 6:30pm and 8pm
- Saturday – between 9am and 5pm
- Sunday – no additional appointments.
Let us know what you think
The PCN would love to know your thoughts on this as they finalise their plans. It is an opportunity for you to help shape the future of GP services locally. Please do take the time to complete our anonymous survey.
The survey can be found online here. Paper copies of the survey can be collected from St Mary’s Surgery reception.