COVID-19 vaccination weekly update
Here is the latest COVID vaccination update for Ely Primary Care Networks (PCNs):
Over 23,000 vaccines given so far from 15 Dec 2020 to 6 Mar 2021
- Priority group 1 (care homes): 100% of all our consenting care home residents have been vaccinated.
- Priority group 2 (Over 80s): all invited, and approx. 97% vaccinated.
- Priority group 3 (Over 75s): all invited, approx 97% vaccinated.
- Priority group 4 (Over 70 and clinical extremely vulnerable): all invited, approx 89% vaccinated.
- Priority group 5 (Over 65): invited by SMS, phone call or letter (either by the surgery or via mass vaccination centre invitation letter), 91% vaccinated.
- Priority group 6 (16-64 with underlying conditions): invited by SMS, phone call or letter, 77% vaccinated. Please note this is a very large group so invitations are being issued in batches.
Anyone from priority groups 1-6 who has not yet managed to book an appointment, please contact the surgery.
Nationally, mass vaccination centre letters have been recently sent out to priority groups 7 (ages 60-65) and 8 (ages 55-60). If you are able to book at one of these centres, please do so. If you are not able to book, please wait until we get in touch.
We been given notice by NHS England that we can expect a significant ramping up of deliveries for the weeks of March 15, 22, and 29. We are therefore expecting to be able to offer significantly more appointments during those weeks.
Do keep an eye on the website or our Facebook page for updates.
Ely PCN consists of the following GP practices: St George’s Medical Centre, Burwell Surgery, Cathedral Medical Centre, St Mary’s Surgery, Staploe Medical Centre and Haddenham Surgery.