The minor injuries centre at the Princess of Wales Hospital is open for patients with injuries that need attention but are not critical or life threatening.
The unit is open from 8.30am-6.00pm with x-ray facilities open from 9.00am-4.45pm seven days a week. They will see injuries up to two weeks old.
Telephone: 01353 772500
Address: Ely Minor Treatment Centre, Princess of Wales Hospital, Lynn Road, Ely CB6 1DN
Conditions that can be treated include:
- wounds – cuts and bruises (tetanus immunisation can also be given)
- bites – human, insect and animal
- minor burns and scalds
- muscle and joint injuries – strains, sprains, limb fractures
- sports injuries
- minor illness eg earache, sore throat
- eye problems eg removal of foreign bodies, conjunctivitis, etc.
- earache (patients aged two years and over)
- cystitis (not children or male patients)
- minor head injuries (with no loss of consciousness).